Saturday, March 28, 2009

Really, who else does things this way?


The house has been a whirlwind of activity this week and the humans are moving and cleaning and yelling and painting and cutting and vacuuming and packing and forgetting to feed me like never before. I've never seen anything like it. The normally docile do-they-have-a-pulse humans are manic. I suppose it started last Sunday (6 days ago) when Curly left to "run an errand." What she really did was go to an open house. Curly had been complaining about The Guy spending too much time looking at houses on the internet so she didn't tell him where she was going. She came home 30 minutes later and told him (or asked and begged and pleaded) that they were buying a house. So they packed up The Infant and went back and looked at it again. They made an offer on the spot and it was accepted.

The whirlwind started that night and hasn't stopped since. They (along with Grandma E 2.0, Granddaddy, Skinny, The Voice, and Curly's Twin) have been cleaning and packing and fixing everything in sight. They worked that night until 11:00 pm. They put MY house up for sale on Monday. After going to the bank and doing all the other stuff everything looks like it's moving along just fine.

The only snag seems to have taken place this morning (Saturday). Thankfully, Skinny and The Voice kept The Infant last night and Curly and The Guy did some work. They actually got out of bed at a reasonable hour this morning and started doing some more work around the house. I, being the alert faithful companion that I am, alerted the humans that there was someone at the door. They were not only at the door, but trying to come IN the door. It was a realtor here to show the house. Signals got crossed somewhere and long story short they told her they needed thirty more minutes to get out of the house. That's when things really got crazy. I've never in all my 5 years seen anything like it. Curly and The Guy moved faster than I've ever seen them move before. Stuff was flying everywhere, paintbrushes were being put in strange places, Curly was dusting with the shirt she was wearing (while she was wearing it). I tell you it was a sight to behold. But, she still had time to put out matching kitchen towels! I tried to escape out the front door once, but they noticed. I'm not sure where I would have gone if I'd gotten out, but I tried nonetheless. Twenty-five sweaty minutes later we were all out of the house and in the truck.

By 2:00 pm the couple that looked at the house (the first people to look at it) made an offer! We still have to discuss a few things, but it might be promising. We'll see (I hope I didn't jinx everything by posting this entry).

Now, for the really important stuff. The first picture of The Infant was taken on Tuesday when she was waiting with Grandma E 2.0 on the front porch for Curly, The Guy, and Skinny to return from buying a bedspread (It's really nice, but I think they got a good deal on it because they still let me sleep on it). The next picture was taken about fifteen minutes ago while she was eating green beans for the first time. Click here to see the video of this monumental occasion.

Below is the house that, hopefully, I'll be living in in about a month. It is hard to tell from the picture, but it is a two car garage. I hear that the house looks MUCH bigger on the inside than it does on the outside. The only thing I'm a bit bothered by is my pooping situation. I guess the humans think I need a fence but there's not one there. They said I might be put on a chain, but I'm a little bothered. I'm not your typical West Virginia brown dog. I'm mean c'mon, what's next? You're going to expect me to sit ON TOP of a dog house?



I really love The Infant. I know I don't show too much excitement, but I really do love to play with her. Below is a snippet of what we do when we play. Click here for a second very similar video. I know this post has been all over the place, but this has been a VERY busy week. As always, we'll keep you posted.

No comments: