Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Working hard to finish the basement

I've been helping The Humans paint the basement (well, helping in my own way since I'm afraid to go down the stairs) and just been very busy this summer with The Infant so I haven't posted like I should, and for that, I apologize. They're now realizing that summer is coming to an end and are crazily trying to finish the basement before football season.

To give you a quick summary...

1. The Infant has 6 teeth
2. She says "Da" and "Mum"
3. The Humans left me for a week and went to the beach. The Infant loved the water and sand.
4. The Infant is eating "puffs" and is about to try some more human food. I've sampled to puffs when she's thrown them off of the highchair.
5. When The Humans went to the beach, Cassie stayed with me (she's living here anyway. Oh, did I forget to mention that?) and she brought my first-cousin-once-removed, Duke. I didn't eat him.
6. The Infant is a terror in her walker. She chases me around the house with a demonic laugh. I'm lucky I still have my achilles tendons intact (do dogs have those?).
7. The Humans and extended family took me and The Infant to the camp over July 4th weekend. It was so cold we were all wearing sweatshirts with hoods. The Humans, I mean.
8. The Infant doesn't wear shoes. Ever. This fall/winter will be tough for her.
9. The Infant has entered a screaming/shrieking phase. We'll hope it's short.
10. Whenever I walk by, The Infant expects a kiss. She opens her mouth in preparation. See.

No comments: