Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy February 15th (or the day after Valentine's Day)


I hate change. Curly and The Guy need to pick a routine and stick to it. It all started on Monday when The Guy slept in the living room and The Infant and Curly slept in my room. I can't have Humans scattered around the house like this. I have to keep moving between both rooms checking on everyone and I don't get much sleep. I couldn't decide where to go, so I settled on sleeping in the "closet" room. This happened on both Monday and Tuesday. On Wednesday Curly turned off all of the lights then took The Infant and left. They didn't return until Friday evening. The Guy stopped in a few times to give me treats and food, but he wouldn't turn the lights on, either. Then, on Friday instead of everyone being back in their own rooms, all of the Humans slept in my room. Curly slept in my bed, The Infant slept in her swing, and The Guy slept beside The Infant on the floor. I'm not sure where I ended up. Then last night all of us slept in my bed. Curly and The Guy resumed their usual positions, The Infant slept in her bouncy seat between them, and I slept in my typical spot at the foot of the bed guarding the door. That was much better than the rest of the week - heck it was much better than the usual arrangement because I didn't have to go check on The Infant in a separate room.

The Infant tells me she had plans to dress as Cupid, with wings and a tiny bow and arrow, but alas, it was not to be. Sigh. The Infant didn't feel well and she spent the day with Skinny and The Voice. You'll have to settle for these Valentine's Day pictures instead. They still feature her dressed in festive attire. Stay tuned for President's Day.

Note: The blue jeans featured on The Infant in both photos are The Guy's first pair of jeans!

No comments: