Saturday, September 12, 2009

What Hath Morgan Wrought?


I guess Morgan and I had our first (and hopefully only) big adventure of her visit. Curly and The Guy were just getting into their plans for finishing the stairs to the basement. Curly was covered in paint and The Guy was doing all the grunt work that Curly didn't want to do. When The Guy came up the stairs to get a putty knife, he looked out the door and ruined all of our fun.

Morgan and I found a toad. Well, I guess we actually had to go looking for it. It was sort-of buried in the flower bed. We couldn't play with it there so Morgan and I decided to move it (and a little of the flower bed, too) into the yard. I was just
tapping it with my nose and making it jump. No big deal. Morgan had to take things a little too far. I think she licked it. She didn't hurt it, she just licked it. But that made her foam at the mouth. Of course, The Guy panicked and Curly had to see what was going on. She did a quick search on this interweb-thing and found out that toad-licking can be serious. I think you would have to eat a two pound Bufo toad, but none the less, since she didn't know what kind of toad this was, Curly wasn't taking any chances.

I guess the toxin the toad exudes is very sticky and when you lick it, it gets stuck to your teeth, tongue, and gums. It's a neurotoxin, so from what I can gather, it's not good. The recommendation is to thoroughly rinse the mouth of the toad-licker. So that's what Curly and The Guy did. Morgan. Flipped. Out.

Curly tried her best to hold her, but Morgan is very bendy and wiggly and determined. Curly couldn't hold her so The Guy had to (and let me tell you, boy, was he a happy camper). He held her very tightly and Curly took the hose and rinsed her mouth out. Then she rubbed her gums and teeth and rinsed some more. I guess it was sort of like going to the dentist when they tell you to open your mouth and they squirt water in and tell you to swish. Except with alot more water pressure. And Curly's whole hand in your mouth. The Guy was soaked since Morgan is so bendy. He also was covered in had a little black dog fur on him.

So, long story short, Morgan is okay. She didn't show any of the scary poisoning symptoms. The toad was tiny and she didn't eat it. Curly's Twin should not freak out. Morgan is at Curly's where anything goes and everything's fine. Hey, I like that slogan!

Also, notice that when I caught Morgan eating my food, I didn't eat her.


When she saw me she was startled and denied the whole thing!


I've added an (out-of-focus) picture of The Infant for good measure...


...and a really focused picture of me!

No comments: